In the north of France, close to the village of Beauvais, you will find the beautiful Le Vivier. The lake is about 3.5 hectares in size and is an old gravel pit. The maximum dept of the lake is 3.5 meters. The lake is situated in a calm environment, close to the more famous Farm Lake and Passion Lake. Perfect for the fisherman who can appreciate a bit of quietness!
Le Vivier has very clear water and some parts contain some weed. The water contains a lot of natural food, which helps the approximately 100 carp grow. The fish have an average weight of around 12 kilo’s and the biggest one yet weighs around 22 kilo’s. The fish have a nice colour and there is a lot of variety between the fish.
With a maximum of four anglers per week, Le Vivier is a great venue where everyone can enjoy his or her style of fishing without getting in each other’s way. There is an English speaking bailiff present at the venue at all times, to help you with anything you need.
Photos and Video
- You are expected to arrive after 11:00 in the morning. This has to do with the fact that the previous anglers have to leave before 10:00 in the morning. This gives us the opportunity to check a few things and make everything in order for you.
- It is not possible to book a certain swim. At 12:00 there will be a draw for the swims, unless everyone agrees with the swims between themselves. If you arrive after 12:00, you can pick a swim from the leftovers.
- You are allowed to fish with three rods each.
- You are required to use a large unhooking mat and a large (minimum of 42″) landing net.
- Each fisherman can use one floating swing.
- It is not allowed to use tigernuts or any other type of nuts. Crushed nuts are also not allowed.
- Boilies and pellets can be used without a limit. Please use your bait with common sense and think about the other anglers at the venue.
- Swimming is not allowed.
- Braided line is not allowed, only when spodding or when you use a marker rod.
- Your mainline should have a minimum breaking strength of 15 lbs (6.8 kg).
- Please use a hook size 6 or larger.
- Every fisherman should have a carp care kit and use it when they have caught a carp or when the carp has visible wounds.
- Please stay close to your fishing rods. If you want to do some grocery shopping or take a walk around the lake, keep your rods out of the water.
- You are not allowed to use a boat and an electric engine.
- Bait boats are not allowed.
- Barbecues are allowed, but open fire is not.
- Glass bottles are not allowed with regard to safety. We advise you to use cans or plastic bottles.
- Keep your swim clean at all times. This will help to prevent vermin.
- Please respect the nature and other fisherman around you and keep your noise levels to a minimum.
Questions / Reservations
For questions or reservations, please contact us via our e-mail address.